Tuscany Rice And Bean Soup
Click here to return to the Rice, Grains, Beans And Stuffing-Rice page
Recipe used with permission by the USA Rice Federation. For more information about rice, visit www.usarice.com.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 3 16-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can Great Northern beans, undrained
- Brown sausage in 3-to4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.